Saturday, September 1, 2012

Kara Update

I wrote a post back about my respite kid Kara. Stacey had the baby, a tiny, beautiful little girl! I am generally scared to pick up babies, because they always start to cry, but I couldn't resist holding her for a moment. It's amazing that something so tiny will grow up into one of us. Her hands are the size of a twoonie (for all you non Canadian folks, thats a two-dollar coin that has a polar bear on it). And her face is so small, the features not quite developed yet. I could almost believe that someone actually gave birth to something that small, and yet also, incredibly huge??

 Kara, unfortunately lost her placement in the home. Two overdoses in two days, again, not suicidal, but attention seeking. How do you make her see?? It's been frustrating me so much, to the point where I need to take a step back, away from Kara, while I re-gather my patience. It's unfortunate, because she was about to start school and things looked like they were about to calm down. Actually, now that I think about it, it may have been an [successful] attempt to avoid going to school. She told me she was afraid of being bullied. Which is totally a legit concern, but you can't spend your days chained to a hospital bed because the alternative scares you.

No comments:

Post a Comment